恩赐：方言与翻译Tongues and Interpretation
希腊语的γλῶσσα glōssa 翻译“舌头” 不仅意味着身体在一个人的嘴里的舌头。在《新约》中意味着“语言的意思。
It should be said at the outset that the Greek word γλῶσσα translated “tongue,” is used not only to mean the physical tongue in a person’s mouth, but also to mean “language.” In the New Testament passages where speaking in tongues is discussed, the meaning “languages” is certainly in view.
- 救赎历史中的方言 “言语”Tongues in the History of Redemption.
- 从一开始人是拥有统一的语言。 There is a unified language from the beginning.
- 当“全地只有一种语言”时，人类合力建造了巴别塔达 （创11:1），人类的统一的语言被使用来同心反抗上帝。The unified language from the beginning is used in rebellion against God culminated in the building of the tower of Babel at a time when “the whole earth had one language and same words” (Gen. 11:1).
- 创11:9 因为耶和华在那里变乱天下人的言语，使众人分散在全地上，所以那城名叫巴别（就是变乱的意思）。God “confused the language of all the earth at Babel” and scattered people abroad over the face of the earth (Gen. 11:9).
- 神召亚伯拉罕归自己 (创12:1)，应许使亚伯拉罕成为“大国” (创12:2)，并成为以色列这国家。然而，这希伯来语不是世界上其他国家的人说的语言。God called Abraham to himself (Gen. 12:1), he promised to make of Abraham a “great nation” (Gen. 12:2), and the nation of Israel. Yet this Hebrew language was not spoken by the rest of the nations of the world, and the gentiles remained outside the reach of God’s plan of redemption until the Pentecost.
- 五旬节，就是福音传到万民的时候，门徒聚集在耶路撒冷，“按著圣灵所赐给他们的方言，他们开始说别国的话” (使徒行传2:4)。这节经文说明这神迹是说出来的。门徒们“开始用别国的语言说话”。At Pentecost, which was the point at which the gospel began to go to all nations, it was appropriate that the disciples gathered in Jerusalem “began to speak in other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance” (Acts 2:4). This verse shows that the miracle was one of speaking, not of hearing. The disciples “began to speak in other tongues (or languages).”
- 结果，从各国来到耶路撒冷的犹太人，都用他们自己的语言，听到“神大能的作为”的宣告 (徒2:11)。The result was that Jewish visitors to Jerusalem from various nations all heard in their own languages a proclamation of “the mighty works of God” (Acts 2:11).
- 旧约的福音信息是邀请其他国家的人来加入犹太人崇拜上帝。OT, the evangelistic message was one of inviting people from other nations to come and join themselves to the Jewish people to worship God.
- 在新约中方言是一个象征，象征着福音的信息正在传播到世界上所有的国家。NT, tongue is a symbol of the fact that the gospel message was going forth to all the nations of the world.
- 恩赐是一种可见的恩赐，清楚指向不同群体民族的人被接受进入救恩和领受圣灵。Tongue is a visible sign gift that different groups of people are accepted into salvation and receive the Holy Spirit.
- 耶路撒冷和犹太全地 （徒2章 五旬节）门徒们得到了所应许的圣灵。Jerusalem and in all Judea, (Acts 2, Pentecost) Disciples received the promised Spirit.
- 直到地极 。(徒十章，哥尼流) 外邦人也像犹太人一样被接纳为神的百姓 to the end of the earth. (Act 10, Cornelius) Gentiles are received into the community like Jews
- 施洗约翰的门徒 (第19章) 那些相信施洗约翰的信息的人也需要接受基督。 Disciples John the Baptist (Act 19) Those who believe in the message of John the Baptist need to receive Christ.
值得注意的是，其他悔改信主的群体并没有收到这方言的恩赐。Important to note that the rest of the groups being converted did not received this gift.
- 下面的一些例子:Some of the examples below:
- 撒玛利亚 （徒8:17）E.g. Samaria (Acts 8:17, Samaritan)
- 徒 8:39 从水里上来，主的灵把腓利提了去，太监也不再见他了，就欢欢喜喜的走路。Act 8:39 When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Philip away, and the eunuch did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing.
- 徒 13:12 方伯看见所做的事，很希奇主的道，就信了。Act 13:12 Immediately mist and darkness came over him, and he groped about, seeking someone to lead him by the hand. When the proconsul方伯(省长士)saw what had happened, he believed, for he was amazed at the teaching about the Lord.
- 徒 16:14 有一个卖紫色布疋的妇人，名叫吕底亚，是推雅推喇城的人，素来敬拜神。他听见了，主就开导他的心，叫他留心听保罗所讲的话。Act 16:14 One of those listening was a woman named Lydia, a dealer in purple cloth from the city of Thyatira, who was a worshiper of God. The Lord opened her heart to respond to Paul’s message. 15 When she and the members of her household were baptized, she invited us to her home. “If you consider me a believer in the Lord,” she said, “come and stay at my house.” And she persuaded us.
- 徒16:30 又领他们出来，说：「二位先生，我当怎样行才可以得救？」31 他们说：「当信主耶稣，你和你一家都必得救。」32 他们就把主的道讲给他和他全家的人听。33 当夜，就在那时候，禁卒把他们带去，洗他们的伤；他和属乎他的人立时都受了洗。34 於是禁卒领他们上自己家里去，给他们摆上饭。他和全家，因为信了神，都很喜乐。Act 16:30 He (Jailer) then brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” 31 They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved–you and your household.” 32 Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all the others in his house. 33 At that hour of the night the jailer took them and washed their wounds; then immediately he and all his family were baptized. 34 The jailer brought them into his house and set a meal before them; he was filled with joy because he had come to believe in God–he and his whole family.
- 徒17:34 但有几个人贴近他，信了主，其中有亚略巴古的官丢尼修，并一个妇人，名叫大马哩，还有别人一同信从。Act 17:34 A few men became followers of Paul and believed. Among them was Dionysius, a member of the Areopagus, also a woman named Damaris, and a number of others.
- 什么是用方言说话? What Is Speaking in Tongues?
我们可以这样定义这种恩赐:说方言就是用说话人听不懂的音节说祷告或赞美。We may define this gift as follows: Speaking in tongues is prayer or praise spoken in syllables not understood by the speaker.
- 方言 = 用别国语言对上帝祈祷或赞美的话
Tongue =Words of Prayer or Praise Spoken to God in other languages.
- 林前 14:2 那说方言的，原不是对人说，乃是对神说，因为没有人听出来。然而，他在心灵里却是讲说各样的奥秘。For one who speaks in a tongue speaks not to men but to God; for no one understands him, but he utters mysteries in the Spirit. (1 Cor. 14:2)
- 一种语言人自己甚至别许多时候人都听不懂的语言。A language Not Understood by the Speaker himself, and sometimes the others.
- E .g。风和火的舌头(徒2:2; 3)在其他方言的恩赐事件中没有出现。
- 所以将哥林多前书 第14章作为教导新约教会经验是更加合适的(Acts 2 is historical narrative while 1 Cor. 14 is doctrinal instruction). E,.g. the wind and tongues of fire舌头如火焰(Acts2:2;3) missing in other events with the sign of gift of tongue. therefore it would seem appropriate to take 1 Corinthians 14 as the passage that teaches about the ordinary experience of New Testament churches
- 五旬节的方言，是用众人所明白的方言，听见的人就能明白:“各人听见他们用自己的乡谈说话”(徒2:6)。但使用方言者却自己不懂那方言，也听不懂。（注：若是自己听的懂也就能翻译给旁人）Pentecost speech in tongues was in known languages that were understood by those who heard: “each one heard them speaking in his own language” (Acts 2:6). But the speech was not understood by the speakers themselves.
- 林前13:1 我若能说万人的方言，并天使的话语，。。。
- 好像表明他看到了一种可能性，就是方言不仅仅包括人类语言。(请注意保罗在（林前13:2)是在提出的假设性的问题 (有全备的信，叫我能够移山….(“移山”是一个假设性问题)。 在哥林多前书14:2，这话语可能是用未知的人类别国语言，或天使的语言。(林前14:2) 那说方言的，原不是对人说，乃是对神说，因为没有人听出来，他在心灵里却是讲说各样的奥秘。但是根据使徒行传第二章的明确的记录，我们可以肯定地知道，方言主要是不同的人别国的语言。
- If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels” (1 Cor. 13:1), suggesting that he sees the possibility that speaking in tongues may include more than merely human speech. (note the hypothetical question that Paul asked (1 Cor. 13:2), and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains…. (hypothetical question of removing mountains) But we cannot certainly rule out the idea that angelic languages would be involved with this speech as well. In 1 Cor. 14:2 the speech may have been in unknown human languages, or in angelic languages. (1Co 14:2) For one who speaks in a tongue speaks not to men but to God; for no one understands him, but he utters mysteries in the Spirit. Given the clear records in Acts 2, we know for certainty that tongues are mainly different human languages.
- 如果无人翻译，方言将无法传达任何含义:Without interpretation no meaning will be communicated:
- 林前 14:11 我若不明白那声音的意思，这说话的人必以我为化外之人，我也以他为化外之人。12 你们也是如此，既是切慕属灵的恩赐，就当求多得造就教会的恩赐。13 所以那说方言的，就当求著能翻出来。14 我若用方言祷告，是我的灵祷告，但我的悟性没有果效。15 这却怎麽样呢？我要用灵祷告，也要用悟性祷告；我要用灵歌唱，也要用悟性歌唱。16 不然，你用灵祝谢，那在座不通方言的人，既然不明白你的话，怎能在你感谢的时候说「阿们」呢？17 你感谢的固然是好，无奈不能造就别人。18 我感谢神，我说方言比你们众人还多。19 但在教会中，宁可用悟性说五句教导人的话，强如说万句方言。
- [1Co 14:11 If then I do not grasp the meaning of what someone is saying, I am a foreigner to the speaker, and he is a foreigner to me. 12 So it is with you. Since you are eager to have spiritual gifts, try to excel in gifts that build up the church. 13 Therefore, one who speaks in a tongue should pray for the power to interpret. 14 For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays but my mind is unfruitful. 15 What am I to do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my mind also; I will sing praise with my spirit, but I will sing with my mind also. :16 Otherwise, if you give thanks with your spirit, how can anyone in the position of an outsider say “Amen” to your thanksgiving when he does not know what you are saying? 17 For you may be giving thanks well enough, but the other person is not being built up. 18 I thank God that I speak in tongues more than all of you. 19 Nevertheless, in church I would rather speak five words with my mind in order to instruct others, than ten thousand words in a tongue.]
- （需要翻译）林前14:28 若没有人翻，就当在会中闭口，只对自己和神说就是了。(Interpreter Required): 1Co 14:28 But if there is no one to interpret, let each of them keep silent in church and speak to himself and to God.
- 用心灵祷告，不是用悟性祷告。Prayer With the Spirit, Not With the Mind:
- 林前14:14 我若用方言祷告，是我的灵祷告，但我的悟性没有果效。15 这却怎麽样呢？我要用灵祷告，也要用悟性祷告；我要用灵歌唱，也要用悟性歌唱。
Paul says: “If I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays but my mind is unfruitful. What am I to do? I will pray with the spirit and I will pray with the mind also; I will sing with the spirit and I will sing with the mind also” (1 Cor. 14:14–15).
Paul is not here talking about the Holy Spirit praying through us. The contrast between “my spirit” and “my mind” in verse 14 indicates that it is Paul’s own human spirit that he is talking about.
- 信徒的心灵直接向神说话，即使他的悟性不需要形成词句和句子，也不需要决定要祷告什么。保罗认为这种祷告是属灵领域的活动，我们的心灵直接向神说话，但我们的心灵却不知如何没有通过我们的悟性 ，我们也不明白我们在祷告什么。The Believer’s spirit speaks directly to God, even though his mind does not have to formulate words and sentences and decide what to pray for. Paul sees this kind of prayer as an activity that occurs in the spiritual realm, whereby our spirits speak directly to God but our mind is somehow bypassed and does not understand what we are praying.
- 说方言只不过是发生在看不见的属灵领域的一种活动，我们相信这种活动的存在是因为圣经告诉我们它是存在的，而不是因为我们能用我们的理性去理解它是什么。In that light, speaking in tongues is simply another activity that occurs in the unseen spiritual realm, an activity we believe that exist because Scripture tells us it is, not because we can comprehend it with our minds.
- 不是发狂颠风而是拥有自我控制: Not Ecstatic but Self-controlled:
- 圣灵在五旬节带着力量降临时，门徒们依然能够随意停止说方言，以便彼得能向聚集的群众讲道。When the Holy Spirit came with overwhelming power at Pentecost, the disciples were able to stop speaking in tongues so that Peter could give his sermon to the assembled crowd.
- 林前 14:27 若有说方言的，只好两个人，至多三个人，且要轮流著说，也要一个人翻出来。28 若没有人翻，就当在会中闭口，只对自己和神说就是了。
- If any speak in a tongue, let there be only two or at most three, and each in turn; and let one interpret. But if there is no one to interpret, let each of them keep silence in church and speak to himself and to God. (1 Cor. 14:27–28)
- 如果没有人翻译，他们很容易就能保持沉默，不说话。所有这些因素都表明了说方言的人有高度的自制力，保罗认为方言不是一种发狂癫狂。If there was no one to interpret, they were easily able to keep silence and not speak. All of these factors indicate a high degree of self-control and give no support to the idea that Paul thought of tongues as ecstatic speech of some kind. –
- 方言是需要的，是用来造就个人的。Tongues are to be desired and it is for personal edification.
- 方言的恩赐是可以被最求的 Tongues are gifts to be desired.
- 林前 14:1 你们要追求爱，也要切慕属灵的恩赐，其中更要羡慕的，是作先知讲道（原文作：是说预言；下同）1Co 14:1 Pursue love, and earnestly desire the spiritual gifts, especially that you may prophesy.
- 林前14:4 说方言的，是造就自己；作先知讲道的，乃是造就教会。
- 林前15 我愿意你们都说方言，更愿意你们作先知讲道；因为说方言的，若不翻出来，使教会被造就，那作先知讲道的，就比他强了。
- 1Co 14:4 The one who speaks in a tongue builds up himself, but the one who prophesies builds up the church.5 Now I want you all to speak in tongues, but even more to prophesy. The one who prophesies is greater than the one who speaks in tongues, unless someone interprets, so that the church may be built up.
- 林前 14:18 我感谢神，我说方言比你们众人还多。1Co 14:18 I thank God that I speak in tongues more than all of you.
- 林前 14:39 所以我弟兄们，你们要切慕作先知讲道，也不要禁止说方言。1Co 14:39 So, my brothers, earnestly desire to prophesy, and do not forbid speaking in tongues.
- 方言是不能被教的，一些教会普遍的做法是教导人们如何说语言。方言是恩赐，不是学来的!Tongues cannot be taught, it is a common practice of some churches to teach people how to speak in tongue. Tongue is a gift, not learned!
- 所有语言都有不同的词汇。谨慎假方言，假方言会不断说出“相同类似的几个不同词汇语音”。有些人假装方言的恩赐，他们的舌头发出重复的语言语调。All language have different syllabus. Beware of false tongue, “ same repetitive syllabus” being uttered. Some who faked their tongue often utter sounds that’s have a repetitive recurring syllabus.
- 为什么在没有翻译的情况下禁止教会使用方言?why should it be prohibited for Church use when there are no interpreters?
- 因为没有人理解方言 Because no ones understands it !
- （注意：连讲的人也不明白）林前14:2 那说方言的，原不是对人说，乃是对神说，因为没有人听出来。然而，他在心灵里却是讲说各样的奥秘。not even the speaker himself. 1Co 14:2 For one who speaks in a tongue speaks not to men but to God; for no one understands him, but he utters mysteries in the Spirit.
- 林前14:13 所以那说方言的，就当求著能翻出来。1Co 14:13 Therefore, one who speaks in a tongue should pray for the power to interpret.
- 恩赐的运用是为了造就教会 Gifts exercised in Church should aim for edification of Church.
- 林前14:26 弟兄们，这却怎麽样呢？你们聚会的时候，各人或有诗歌，或有教训，或有启示，或有方言，或有翻出来的话，凡事都当造就人。1Co 14:26 What then shall we say, brothers? When you come together, everyone has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. All of these must be done for the strengthening of the church.
- 1Co 14:3 On the other hand, the one who prophesies speaks to people for their upbuilding and encouragement and consolation. 4 The one who speaks in a tongue builds up himself, but the one who prophesies builds up the church. 5 Now I want you all to speak in tongues, but even more to prophesy. The one who prophesies is greater than the one who speaks in tongues, unless someone interprets, so that the church may be built up. 6 Now, brothers, if I come to you speaking in tongues, how will I benefit you unless I bring you some revelation or knowledge or prophecy or teaching? 7 If even lifeless instruments, such as the flute or the harp, do not give distinct notes, how will anyone know what is played? 8 And if the bugle gives an indistinct sound, who will get ready for battle? 9 So with yourselves, if with your tongue you utter speech that is not intelligible, how will anyone know what is said? For you will be speaking into the air. 10 There are doubtless many different languages in the world, and none is without meaning, 11 but if I do not know the meaning of the language, I will be a foreigner to the speaker and the speaker a foreigner to me. 12 So with yourselves, since you are eager for manifestations of the Spirit, strive to excel in building up the church. 13 Therefore, one who speaks in a tongue should pray for the power to interpret. 14 For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays but my mind is unfruitful. 15 What am I to do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my mind also; I will sing praise with my spirit, but I will sing with my mind also. :16 Otherwise, if you give thanks with your spirit, how can anyone in the position of an outsider say “Amen” to your thanksgiving when he does not know what you are saying? 17 For you may be giving thanks well enough, but the other person is not being built up. 18 I thank God that I speak in tongues more than all of you. 19 Nevertheless, in church I would rather speak five words with my mind in order to instruct others, than ten thousand words in a tongue.
1Co 14:3 但作先知讲道的，是对人说，要造就、安慰、劝勉人。4 说方言的，是造就自己；作先知讲道的，乃是造就教会。5 我愿意你们都说方言，更愿意你们作先知讲道；因为说方言的，若不翻出来，使教会被造就，那作先知讲道的，就比他强了。6 弟兄们，我到你们那里去，若只说方言，不用启示，或知识，或预言，或教训，给你们讲解，我与你们有什麽益处呢？7 就是那有声无气的物，或箫，或琴，若发出来的声音没有分别，怎能知道所吹所弹的是什麽呢？8 若吹无定的号声，谁能预备打仗呢？9 你们也是如此。舌头若不说容易明白的话，怎能知道所说的是什麽呢？这就是向空说话了。10 世上的声音，或者甚多，却没有一样是无意思的。11 我若不明白那声音的意思，这说话的人必以我为化外之人，我也以他为化外之人。12 你们也是如此，既是切慕属灵的恩赐，就当求多得造就教会的恩赐。13 所以那说方言的，就当求著能翻出来。14 我若用方言祷告，是我的灵祷告，但我的悟性没有果效。15 这却怎麽样呢？我要用灵祷告，也要用悟性祷告；我要用灵歌唱，也要用悟性歌唱。16 不然，你用灵祝谢，那在座不通方言的人，既然不明白你的话，怎能在你感谢的时候说「阿们」呢？17 你感谢的固然是好，无奈不能造就别人。18 我感谢神，我说方言比你们众人还多。19 但在教会中，宁可用悟性说五句教导人的话，强如说万句方言。
- 徒2:11 革哩底和亚拉伯人，都听见他们用我们的乡谈 γλῶσσα，讲说神的大作为。」Act 2:11 both Jews and proselytes, Cretans and Arabians–we hear them telling in our own tongues the mighty works of God.”
- 使徒保罗命令教会说，若没有人翻译方言，就私下说话。Apostle Paul commanded that if there are no interpreters, we are to speak in private.
- 林前14:27 若有说方言的，只好两个人，至多三个人，且要轮流著说，也要一个人翻出来。28 若没有人翻，就当在会中闭口，只对自己和神说就是了。Tongues Without Interpretation (for Private Use only): If no one known to have the gift of interpretation is present in the assembly, speaking in tongues should be in private. No speech in tongues without interpretation should be given in the church service. No one Understand him. 1Co 14:2 For one who speaks in a tongue speaks not to men but to God; for no one understands him, but he utters mysteries in the Spirit. . (1Co 14:27 If any speak in a tongue, let there be only two or at most three, and each in turn, and let someone interpret. :28 But if there is no one to interpret, let each of them keep silent in church and speak to himself and to God. )
- 林前14:15 这却怎麽样呢？我要用灵祷告，也要用悟性祷告；我要用灵歌唱，也要用悟性歌唱。 唱歌和说话的规则是一样的:如果没有翻译，就只能私下进行。林前 14:27 若有说方言的，只好两个人，至多三个人，且要轮流著说，也要一个人翻出来。28 若没有人翻，就当在会中闭口，只对自己和神说就是了。
- Singing in Tongues without interpretation should also be in private: I will sing with the spirit and I will sing with the mind also” (1 Cor. 14:15). Tongues seen as something primarily directed toward God in prayer and praise. It also gives legitimacy to the practice of singing in tongues. Yet the same rules apply for singing as for speaking: if there is no interpreter, it should only be done in private. (1Co 14:27 If any speak in a tongue, let there be only two or at most three, and each in turn, and let someone interpret. :28 But if there is no one to interpret, let each of them keep silent in church and speak to himself and to God. )
- 如果信徒在教会里没有翻译的情况下说方言，他们的行为和思想就有如“孩子”一样幼稚。 If believers speak in tongues without interpretation in church, they will be acting and thinking like “children
林前 14:18 我感谢神，我说方言比你们众人还多。19 但在教会中，宁可用悟性说五句教导人的话，强如说万句方言。20 弟兄们，在心志上不要作小孩子。然而，在恶事上要作婴孩，在心志上总要作大人。
1Co 14:18 I thank God that I speak in tongues more than all of you. 19 Nevertheless, in church I would rather speak five words with my mind in order to instruct others, than ten thousand words in a tongue. 20 Brothers, do not be children in your thinking. Be infants in evil, but in your thinking be mature.
- 在教会服事中说方言而不作翻译，是对不信主之人的审判记号。Speaking in tongues without interpretation in the church service is a sign of judgment on unbelievers.
- 使徒保罗在哥前书14:21中引用了以赛亚书28:11-12中的一段审判的预言。Apostle Paul quotes a prophecy of judgment from Isaiah 28:11–12 in 1 Co 14:21.
- 林前 14:21 律法上记著：主说：我要用外邦人的舌头和外邦人的嘴唇向这百姓说话；虽然如此，他们还是不听从我。22 这样看来，说方言不是为信的人作证据，乃是为不信的人；作先知讲道不是为不信的人作证据，乃是为信的人。
- 1Co 14:21 In the Law it is written, “By people of strange tongues and by the lips of foreigners will I speak to this people, and even then they will not listen to me, says the Lord.” 22 Thus tongues are a sign not for believers but for unbelievers, while prophecy is a sign not for unbelievers but for believers.
- 赛28:11 先知说：不然，主要藉异邦人的嘴唇和外邦人的舌头对这百姓说话。12 他曾对他们说：你们要使疲乏人得安息，这样才得安息，才得舒畅，他们却不肯听。Isa 28:11 For by people of strange lips and with a foreign tongue the LORD will speak to this people, 12 to whom he has said, “This is rest; give rest to the weary; and this is repose”; yet they would not hear.
- 在以赛亚书28章的处境中，神警告悖逆的以色列人，他们接下来听到的将是他们不理解的外邦人的话语——亚述人的军队将作为神审判的使者来攻击他们。In the context of Isaiah 28, God is warning the rebellious people of Israel that the next words they heard from him would be words of foreigners that they could not understand—the Assyrian army would come on them as agents of God’s judgment.
- 使徒保罗将这种情况应用于哥林多教会。- 当神用人们听不懂的语言对他们说话时，这显然是神审判的记号。
林前14:22 这样看来，说方言不是为信的人作证据，乃是为不信的人；作先知讲道不是为不信的人作证据，乃是为信的人。 (注意哥林多教会混乱和不道德的处境) Apostle Paul applies this situation in the Corinthian Church. —when God speaks to people in language they cannot understand, it is quite evidently a sign of God’s judgment. 1Co 14:22 Thus tongues are a sign not for believers but for unbelievers, while prophecy is a sign not for unbelievers but for believers. (note the messy and immoral situation of the Corinthian Church)
- 在教会服事中说方言而无翻译，会绊倒非信徒。Speaking in tongues without interpretation in the church service may stumble non believers.
- 林前 14:23 所以，全教会聚在一处的时候，若都说方言，偶然有不通方言的，或是不信的人进来，岂不说你们癫狂了吗？
- tongues are a sign (Judgement) for unbelievers, while prophecy is a sign (of God being among them) for believers(1 Corin 14:25 God is really among you). (1 Cor. 14:22–23) If the whole church assembles and all speak in tongues, and outsiders or unbelievers enter, will they not say that you are mad? Tongues, then, are a sign, not for believers but for unbelievers; prophecy, however, is for believers, not for unbelievers. 23 So if the whole church comes together and everyone speaks in tongues, and some who do not understandor some unbelievers come in, will they not say that you are out of your mind?
- 并非所有人都说方言。Not All Speak in Tongues.
- Of All the groups that have received the Spirit in the book of Acts, only 3 groups are said to receive the gift of tongues. (2:1-4 Pentecost ; 10:44-46 Cornelius ;19:1-6 john Baptist group)
- 对圣灵洗礼的教义的误解，使一些人认为方言的恩赐对所有人都是必要有的。错误的教义表述导致一些人重新解释圣经的实际意义。Misunderstanding towards the doctrine of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, causes some to think that the gift of tongue is necessary for all. Wrong doctrinal formulations has caused some to reinterpret the actual meaning of the Bible.
- 林前12章很清楚地告诉我们，方言的恩赐只是众多恩赐中的一种。1 Corin 12 clearly taught that the gift of tongue is only one of the many gifts.
- 林前12:4 恩赐原有分别，圣灵却是一位。5 职事也有分别，主却是一位。6 功用也有分别，神却是一位，在众人里面运行一切的事。7 圣灵显在各人身上，是叫人得益处。8 这人蒙圣灵赐他智慧的言语，那人也蒙这位圣灵赐他知识的言语，9 又有一人蒙这位圣灵赐他信心，还有一人蒙这位圣灵赐他医病的恩赐，10 又叫一人能行异能，又叫一人能作先知，又叫一人能辨别诸灵，又叫一人能说方言，又叫一人能翻方言。11 这一切都是这位圣灵所运行、随己意分给各人的。1Co 12:4 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit.5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord.6 There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men. 7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good.8 To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit,9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit,10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues.11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he gives them to each one, just as he determines.
- 林前12:29 岂都是使徒吗？岂都是先知吗？岂都是教师吗？岂都是行异能的吗？30 岂都是得恩赐医病的吗？岂都是说方言的吗？岂都是翻方言的吗？Paul clearly implies this when he asks a series of questions, all of which expect the answer “no,” and includes the question “Do all speak with tongues?” (1 Cor. 12:30).1Co 12:29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? 30 Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues ? Do all interpret?
- 方言是一种属灵恩赐，就像其他属灵恩赐一样，是不能由别人来训练或教导的。Tongue is a spiritual gift like all other spiritual gifts and it CANNOT be trained or taught by the others. 1Co 12:4 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit.
- 神命令有次序的敬拜 Orderly Worship is commanded.
林前14:27 若有说方言的，只好两个人，至多三个人，且要轮流著说，也要一个人翻出来。28 若没有人翻，就当在会中闭口，只对自己和神说就是了。29 至於作先知讲道的，只好两个人或是三个人，其余的就当慎思明辨。30 若旁边坐著的得了启示，那先说话的就当闭口不言。31 因为你们都可以一个一个的作先知讲道，叫众人学道理，叫众人得劝勉。32 先知的灵原是顺服先知的；33 因为神不是叫人混乱，乃是叫人安静。34 妇女在会中要闭口不言，像在圣徒的众教会一样，因为不准他们说话。他们总要顺服，正如律法所说的。35 他们若要学什麽，可以在家里问自己的丈夫，因为妇女在会中说话原是可耻的。36 神的道理岂是从你们出来吗？岂是单临到你们吗？37 若有人以为自己是先知，或是属灵的，就该知道，我所写给你们的是主的命令。38 若有不知道的，就由他不知道吧！所以我弟兄们，你们要切慕作先知讲道，也不要禁止说方言。40 凡事都要规规矩矩的按著次序行。
- 1Co 14:27 If anyone speaks in a tongue, two–or at the most three–should speak, one at a time, and someone must interpret. 28 If there is no interpreter, the speaker should keep quiet in the church and speak to himself and God. .. … 1Co 14:33 For God is not a God of disorder but of peace. ….1Co 14:39 Therefore, my brothers, be eager to prophesy, and do not forbid speaking in tongues.40 But everything should be done in a fitting and orderly way.
- 服从使徒保罗写在圣经中的命令就是不服从主的命令Disobeying Apostle’s Paul command written in the Bible is disobeying the Lord’s command.
- 林前14:37 若有人以为自己是先知，或是属灵的，就该知道，我所写给你们的是主的命令。31Co 14:37 If anybody thinks he is a prophet or spiritually gifted, let him acknowledge that what I am writing to you is the Lord’s command.38 If he ignores this, he himself will be ignored.
- 不要禁止用方言Do not forbid Speaking in tongue.
- 使徒保罗认为用方言是一种造就个人的属灵恩赐。林前 14:4 说方言的，是造就自己；作先知讲道的，乃是造就教会。Apostle Paul view the speaking in tongue as a spiritual gift that edifies the individual. 1Co 14:4 He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church.
- 林前 14:39 所以我弟兄们，你们要切慕作先知讲道，也不要禁止说方言。1Co 14:39 Therefore, my brothers, be eager to prophesy, and do not forbid speaking in tongues.
- 被翻译出来的方言才能造就教会 Tongues With Interpretation: Edifies the Church:
- 林前 14:5 我愿意你们都说方言，更愿意你们作先知讲道；因为说方言的，若不翻出来，使教会被造就，那作先知讲道的，就比他强了。Paul says, “He who prophesies is greater than he who speaks in tongues, unless someone interprets so that the church may be edified” (1 Cor. 14:5).
- 如何防范魔鬼虚假的作为？What About the Danger of Demonic Counterfeit?
- 林前 12:1 弟兄们，论到属灵的恩赐，我不愿意你们不明白。2 你们作外邦人的时候，随事被牵引，受迷惑，去服事那哑巴偶像，这是你们知道的。3 所以我告诉你们，被神的灵感动的，没有说「耶稣是可咒诅」的；若不是被圣灵感动的，也没有能说「耶稣是主」的。Paul says, “I want you to understand that no one speaking by the Spirit of God ever says “Jesus be cursed!’ and no one can say “Jesus is Lord’ except by the Holy Spirit” (1 Cor. 12:3). (context of Spiritual gifts)
- -这里保罗向哥林多人保证，如果他们是藉著圣灵在他们里面工作说方言，他们不会说:“耶稣被咒诅!”在讨论属灵恩赐的开始，《哥林多前书》第12章3节的目的是让哥林多的信徒们安心，因为有些基督徒之前是来自哥林多神庙里的魔鬼崇拜的背景。Here Paul reassures the Corinthians that if they are speaking by the power of the Holy Spirit working within them, they will not say, “Jesus be cursed!” Coming as it does at the beginning of a discussion of spiritual gifts, 1 Corinthians 12:3 is intended to function as reassurance to the Corinthians who may have suspected some Christians who came from backgrounds of demon worship in the temples at Corinth. Paul simply encouraged believers to pray in tongues and said that if they did so they would be edifying themselves.
- 使用方言的恩赐不代表你就是圣洁属灵The Gift of Tongue does not mean you are spiritual!
哥林多教会的基督徒受圣灵的洗礼，他们有许多属灵的恩赐，但他们不是被圣灵充满的教会。使徒保罗指责拥有许多恩赐的哥林多教会信徒，说他们是世俗的、属肉体的(在他们的道德上好像婴儿一样幼稚) The Corinthian Church Christians are baptized with the Holy Spirit, they have Spiritual gifts but yet they are not spirit filled church. Apostle Paul rebuke the Corinthian Church who are very gifted, that they are worldly or carnal or flesh (in their morality and like infants)
- 教会结党纷争 林前1:10-17 Divisions in the Church 1Corin 1:10-17
- 教会淫乱 林前5:1 风闻在你们中间有淫乱的事。这样的淫乱连外邦人中也没有，就是有人收了他的继母。Immorality in church 1Co 5:1 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that does not occur even among pagans: A man has his father’s wife.
- 教会淫乱有人找妓女 林前 6:15 岂不知你们的身子是基督的肢体吗？我可以将基督的肢体作为娼妓的肢体吗？断乎不可！Sexual Immorality visiting prostitutes 1Co 6:15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never!
- 信徒之间彼此诉讼 林前 6:1 你们中间有彼此相争的事，怎敢在不义的人面前求审，不在圣徒面前求审呢？Lawsuits among Christians 1Co 6:1 If any of you has a dispute with another, dare he take it before the ungodly for judgment instead of before the saints?
- 不顾及软弱的弟兄 -林前 8:10 若有人见你这有知识的，在偶像的庙里坐席，这人的良心，若是软弱，岂不放胆去吃那祭偶像之物吗？11 因此，基督为他死的那软弱弟兄，也就因你的知识沉沦了。Uncaring towards Christian brothers 1Co 8:10 For if anyone with a weak conscience sees you who have this knowledge eating in an idol’s temple, won’t he be emboldened to eat what has been sacrificed to idols? 11 So this weak brother, for whom Christ died, is destroyed by your knowledge.
- 在领受圣餐时分门结党藐视神的教会 。林前11:18 第一，我听说，你们聚会的时候彼此分门别类，我也稍微的信这话。19 在你们中间不免有分门结党的事，好叫那些有经验的人显明出来。20 你们聚会的时候，算不得吃主的晚餐；21 因为吃的时候，各人先吃自己的饭，甚至这个饥饿，那个酒醉。22 你们要吃喝，难道没有家吗？还是藐视神的教会，叫那没有的羞愧呢？我向你们可怎麽说呢？可因此称赞你们吗？我不称赞！23 我当日传给你们的，原是从主领受的，就是主耶稣被卖的那一夜，拿起饼来，24 祝谢了，就擘开，说：「这是我的身体，为你们舍（有古卷：擘开）的，你们应当如此行，为的是记念我。」25 饭後，也照样拿起杯来，说：「这杯是用我的血所立的新约，你们每逢喝的时候，要如此行，为的是记念我。」26 你们每逢吃这饼，喝这杯，是表明主的死，直等到他来。27 所以，无论何人，不按理吃主的饼，喝主的杯，就是干犯主的身、主的血了。28 人应当自己省察，然後吃这饼、喝这杯。29 因为人吃喝，若不分辨是主的身体，就是吃喝自己的罪了。30 因此，在你们中间有好些软弱的与患病的，死（原文作睡）的也不少。31 我们若是先分辨自己，就不至於受审。32 我们受审的时候，乃是被主惩治，免得我们和世人一同定罪。33 所以我弟兄们，你们聚会吃的时候，要彼此等待。Ungodly behaviour towards other brothers during Lord supper. 1Co 11:29 For anyone who eats and drinks without recognizing the body of the Lord eats and drinks judgment on himself. 30 That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep.
- 不在爱中运用属灵的恩赐。林前 13:1 我若能说万人的方言，并天使的话语，却没有爱，我就成了鸣的锣，响的钹一般。Not exercising spiritual gifts in love. 1Co 13:1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
- 混乱的敬拜 。 林前14:40 凡事都要规规矩矩的按著次序行。Disorderly worship 1Co 14:40 But everything should be done in a fitting and orderly way.
- 1Co 3:1 弟兄们，我从前对你们说话，不能把你们当作属灵的，只得把你们当作属肉体，在基督里为婴孩的。2 我是用奶喂你们，没有用饭喂你们。那时你们不能吃，就是如今还是不能。3 你们仍是属肉体的，因为在你们中间有嫉妒、分争，这岂不是属乎肉体、照著世人的样子行吗？1Co 3:1 Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual but as worldly(ASV:Carnal; ESV: flesh) –mere infants in Christ. 2 I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready. 3 You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere men?
- 美国PCA 长老会。PCA Position Papers Tongues.
It seems evident that the tongues in Acts 2 were foreign languages known to the hearers there present. It is more difficult, however, to resolve the question of the exact nature of the tongues mentioned elsewhere in the New Testament. It is also difficult to determine with certainty the relationship of the modern tongues phenomenon to the New Testament experience. The General Assembly suggests, however, that:
- Any view of the tongues as experienced in our time which conceives of it an experience by which revelation is received from God is contrary to the finalized character of revelation in Scripture;
- Any view of tongues which sees this phenomenon as an essential sign of the baptism of the Spirit is contradictory to Scripture;
- Any practice of the tongues phenomenon in any age which causes dissension and division within the body of Christ or diverts the church from its mission is contrary to the purpose of the Spirit’s gifts.